Welcome to Department of English
The Department of English has the same year of inception as the college in the year 1999. It is one of the prominent departments in the college. Our vision is to provide a viable and credible learning experience for aspiring student community.
The department offers undergraduate program in English language and literature. With the traditional teaching the learning environment is enriched by the use of technology in the form of smart classrooms and efforts are taken to ensure that the learning process is innovative. Assignments and other activities are set in line. Remedial coaching, mentoring, student centric participatory learning and proper guidance ensure the holistic development of students. In addition to this extension and literary activities are regularly conducted. Faculty exchange, visit to other college language laboratory are organized.
The faculties in the department engage in research work and ensures that the same for students as well. The department provides a certificate course in functional English for career enhancement.
Students graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English are able to:
- Read, analyze and percept with appreciation for content and style
- Read and write clearly in a variety of genres
- Think critically about the sociopolitical, historical and literary content of a diverse range of writers
- Evaluate literary texts, from a variety of perspectives: theoretical, historical, artistic etc.
- Write in a variety of genres, including nonfiction, poetry, drama, short story, and novel
- Employ a number of literary devices in their writing
- Reflect insightfully on the artistic process
Students who have completed BA with English has a wide scope of careers open to Academics, Media and Journalism, Civil services, Writing/ Publishing, Armed Forces, Human Resource Departments etc.
|1||B.A English||B.A is a 3-year undergraduate course for students who wish to make a career in Arts and research. • B.Sc is a 3 year Undergraduate course that can be pursued by students with Arts streams in their 10+2. • The minimum eligibility is to have 50% in graduation from a recognized board. • Admission to this course is offered on a merit basis mostly.|
|2||Certificate Courses||Certificate Course is a 2 month course developed for students who pursuing B.Sc in our College.|
Programme Specific Outcomes of English
- To remove the grudge against the language amongst the students from this area.
- To develop language learning skills like, listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- To develop vocabulary and communicative skills with help of language laboratory.
- Enrich confidence to appear for competitive examinations.
- To know the phonological aspects of English.
- To acquaint to students the structure and function of grammatical units.
- Boost research activities in department.
- To inculcate various values like social, national, environmental, etc.
List of Publication
|Sr. No||Title of Article with Author name||Link|
|15||Significance of Ethical Value at Workspace:- A Review of Ravi Subramanian’s If Bank was a Banker. By Dr. Archana R. Banale||View/Download|
|14||Parent Victimization:- Present Day Relevance of Kind Lear. By Dr. Archana R. Banale||View/Download|
|13||A Stubborn Fighter Against Adversities:- Character Portrayal of Kira In Ayn Rand’s We The Living. By Dr. Archana R. Banale||View/Download|
|12||The Portrayal of a Righteous Demon in Sharad Tandale’s Ravana by Dr. A. R. Banale.||View/Download|
|11||Me too The Silence Breaking Feminine Movement. by Dr. A. R. Banale.||View/Download|
|10||Man-Women Relationship in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Film Chandani Bar||View/Download|
|9||Women and globalization:- An Overview||View/Download|
|8||Adverse Effects Of Globalization In Bharathi Murkhrjee’s Novel ‘Wife’||View/Download|
|7||Mahatma Phule: Life and Work||View/Download|
|6||Comparative Study of Gender Sensitization in Shashi Deshpande's and Rama Mehta's Select Novels||View/Download|
|5||Mahatma Phule: Life and Work||View/Download|
|4||Comparative Study of Gender Sensitization in Shashi Deshpande's and Rama Mehta's Select Novels||View/Download|
|3||Role of Women In Indian Struggle for Freedom with Special Reference to Raja Rao's Novel Kanthapura||View/Download|
|2||Role of ICT in Teaching and Learning Process||View/Download|
|1||Gender Sensitization and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar||View/Download|
|1||Academic Year 2022-23|
|2||Academic Year 2022-23|
|3||Academic Year 2022-23|
|4||Academic Year 2022-23|
|5||Academic Year 2022-23|
E-Content of English
|Sr. No||Title||Google form Test/ Video/ Study material||Link|
|Youtube Channel Department of Marathi||YouTube Channel Study Video|